On 08/11/2016 05:31 AM, Daniel Golle wrote:
That's what I told you in the previous mail, removing the rootfs=
parameter from the dts should do the trick, because you just cannot
mount a ubi device (which is a character device in Linux) with a
block-based filesystem (like squashfs). This cannot and won't ever
work and you could either leave it to OpenWrt/LEDE's auto-probing to
figure out what to do based on the rootfs type (non-ubifs vs. ubifs)
or append even more board- and filesystem-specific crap to your cmdline
such as ubiblock=... root=/dev/ubiblock0_1 (however, that then won't
work for ubifs, thus the auto-probing patches).

... OH!

Well, I needed some extra intellectual clubbing to catch on.

NOW I remember reading the UBI docs, about glubi, the fact that volumes are char devices, and I even seem to remember some ALL CAPS red size-20+ text at the top of the page saying something about it.

Tomorrow I'll go read the docs again, because I know I remember reading that you could put a RO-squashfs in a UBI volume. I just need to have it mounted the right way.