Tom Rini wrote:
Well, I wouldn't phrase it quite like that.  I would ask, do we want to
go down this path?  How far down would we want to go, if so?

ACPI is pretty complicated, more so than DT. UEFI is also open source. I think you need to find a very compelling reason to reinvent the wheel.

ACPI on ARM is reserved for ARM Servers, which is a small market (in term of number of units) compared to all other ARM chips.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the
Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation.