On 11/03/2016 04:14 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 12:30:30PM +0800, Bin Meng wrote:

Hi,

After I switched to dtc 1.4.2, when building x86 boards, I got:

Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): Node /memory has a reg or ranges
property, but no unit name
[snip]
Should we fix those warnings? I see some device tree files in the
Linux kernel report the same warnings, wondering whether they should
be fixed.

So yes, this is what Heiko made patches for a while back.  Since for x86
we are the authoritative source for the files, we should fix them here.
For other arches we should push the fix up via Linux and merge them back
in.  Thanks!

I see similar warnings for arch/arm/dts/zynq-*.dtb

Jim
--
Jim Chargin
AJA Video Systems                       j...@aja.com