Dear "Heyendal, Carl",

In message
<1d6034426110564da0dea9ee9793b38357c8a9b...@nbe-mbx01.americas.swk.pri> you
wrote:

> I understand that it's not U-Boot that mounts the root file system. But,
> it is U-Boot that passes along the appropriate args to engage Linux to mount
> the NFS file system. Right now, as unfamiliar as I am, I'm just trying to
> determine if the args being passed are correct or not, to determine if I
> should
> pursue it as either a U-Boot or Linux problem.

It's definitely a Linux problem.

> With regard to the legal footnote in my email, as much as I agree with your
> assessment
> (except for the file deleting part which I don't understand), I'm compelled
> by my company
> to have this legal footnote in all my email correspondence. But, you must see
> this all the

Then you must not use this mail account for posting to any public
mailing lists. There is a plethora of free alternatives available,
chose one.

> time. I'm puzzled why anyone would be annoyed at such a trivial and common
> practice.

It is not commom, it is effectless, it's a waste of bandwidth, it's stupid, and
it's forbidden on this list.

> I have included the entire boot output below.

Thanks.

> Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=10>
> .10.1.16:/home/heyendal/buildroot/buildroot-2009.08/project_build_arm/ILS_C>
> M/root ip=10.10.1.8:10.10.1.16:10.10.1.1:255.255.252.0:cm_carlh::off

So this looks OK. The kernel sees the boot arguments you pass, so it's
obviously a Linux problem.

I don't see any clear problems, so let's start with the obvious: are
you sure you have CONFIG_NFS_FS and CONFIG_ROOT_NFS enabled in your
kernel configuration?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de