On 04/26/2017 10:17 PM, Suresh Gupta wrote:

<snip>

Suresh,

Did you test your patch after removing CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_BAR? Why doesn't
this flash support BAR commands? How did it work before broken?

York, the flash s25fs512s support 32 bit address to handle >16M memory access.
With and without CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_BAR the u-boot only access up to 16M of flash
memory
for this particular flash which is installed on our boards (LS1012ARDB,
LS1046ARDB, LS1088ARDB, LS2088ARDB).
So, anyhow we need to remove this CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_BAR from our boards configs.

For accessing >16M of flash memory (to support 32 bit address) I already start
discussion [2] with Jagan. Hopefully
We have a solution for that in near future.
[2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/676152/

How did it (>16MB) work before?

York