On 05/18/2017 12:06 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
having platform data.
No, I think we're going for overkill here by not doing serial_pl01x.c as
platform data.  ns16550 does platform data for this already.  This
sounds like the lowest overhead way to get the clock populated and not
have some DT data that's not going to be accepted upstream.

ummmm I am a bit lost at this point, could we recap please?
Lets update the recap:
- Please re-submit the dts file, now with whatever form is in v4.12-rc1,
   saying as such in the commit (if it's just the commit message that
   changes, that's fine and great).

The DTS file in v4.12-rc2 still does NOT contain the usb node.

==> Should I then not use the DM on USB so I can avoid DTS changes?

- Please update serial_pl01x.c to be able to get the clock via platform
   data, update and test your board to confirm it works.

um, It gets tricky;
I can not use platform_data since I can not use SERIAL_DM because the device tree does have a UART node which gets picked up.

I will have to disable DM_SERIAL and add some configs in include/configs/poplar.h

+#define CONFIG_PL011_SERIAL  1
+#define CONFIG_PL011_CLOCK   75000000
+#define CONFIG_PL01x_PORTS   {(void *) 0xF8B00000,}
+#define CONFIG_CONS_INDEX    0

==> is this acceptable? if not, then what should I do?

- It'd be awesome if you do, but it won't block your series if you
   don't, update the rest of the platforms that had been using the
   "clock" platform to instead use the platform data method.

Thanks!