Le 12/07/2017 à 21:56, Tom Rini a écrit :
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 04:53:26PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
Dear Christophe,

In message <194b25e4-81fc-52cf-aeef-61ce6f467...@c-s.fr> you wrote:

Oh ? Ok. I thought it would be a possible name because for instance in
the Linux Kernel, the watchdog driver is named that way and used also
for the 8xx and so was also the SPI driver before its name was change to
fsl_spi.

There are always bad examples ;-)

Isn't the 8xx an 81xx indeed ?

I have never seen this naming used; google does not know about it
either.

Any suggestion for a good name ? Would fsl_reginfo() be a good name ?

FSL does not even exist any more...

Soory, I was never good in naming things...

FSL doesn't exist, and I'm terrible at naming things as well, but I
think fsl_reginfo makes enough namespace sense, we have a lot of fsl_xxx
in arch/powerpc and qcom_ might start confusing folks more than helping
:)

Finally I called in print_reginfo() as it has indeed no dependency with any target type or arch. Should someone want to implement it for another arch like an ARM CPU, he could do by just defining print_reginfo() and maybe moving the declaration from asm/ppc.h to a more generic place.

Christophe