On 13/07/2017 15:45, Lokesh Vutla wrote:

On 7/13/2017 5:15 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:18:43AM +0530, Lokesh Vutla wrote:

On 7/12/2017 11:01 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 07:16:27PM +0530, Lokesh Vutla wrote:

+ Andrew

On 7/12/2017 3:25 PM, Jean-Jacques Hiblot wrote:
This regulator is used for voltage switching on MMC1 IO lines.
Can you enable on HS platforms as well.
Is this a SoC thing (which includes a strongly encouraged to use in
designs) or a board choice (you really can expect to find custom boards
that wouldn't want this) ?  I'm asking because it sounds like perhaps we
should be imply'ing somewhere instead so that HS and EVM and custom
boards are in sync.  Thanks!
Regulators are a board choice. Yes, that makes sense. These can be
implied for TARGET_DRA7XX_EVM.
And that's really true?  I ask since I recall there's some SoCs where
it's a lot more theoretical than practical to have a PMIC other than the
Well, it is still possible to use a different PMIC and I guess it is
better to stick it that way.
PBIAS is not board specific, it's in the SOC. I should probably make the hsmmc select it automatically when using DM_MMC and DM_REGULATOR.

one the EVM uses.  But, yes, board level imply is the way to go then.
The rule of thumb should be that if it's not really optional, the board
or SoC should imply it if there's a reason to not have it, or select it
if it's required.

Jean,
        Can you repost the patch as Tom suggested?

Thanks and regards,
Lokesh