Hi Stefan,

On 09/04/2017 09:50 PM, Stefan Agner wrote:
On 2017-09-04 19:57, Eric Nelson wrote:
On 09/04/2017 06:21 PM, Stefan Agner wrote:

<snip>

+
+/*
+ * If ROM fell back to USB recover mode, USBPH0_PWD will be clear to use USB
+ * If boot from the other mode, USB0_PWD will keep reset value
+ */
+#define        is_boot_from_usb(void) (!(readl(USB_PHY0_BASE_ADDR) & (1<<20)))
+
   #endif /* __ASSEMBLER__*/
   #endif /* __ASM_ARCH_MX6_IMX_REGS_H__ */

If I'm reading your comment correctly, the RXPWDRX bit will be set (the
PHY will be powered down) unless it was enabled by the Boot ROM.

Won't this also be clear if you've run 'usb start' under U-Boot?

Yes, this only works before a USB initialization...

Based on this, I'd recommend changing the macro name to something
like "is_udc_active" to reflect it's true meaning.

This should be fine for the use case I have in mind (see patch 2).

Note this idea is borrowed from NXP downstream and seems to work here:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/tree/arch/arm/include/asm/arch-mx7/imx-regs.h?h=imx_v2016.03_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga#n1204

Understood.

Using this detection mechanism in SPL (where there isn't another path
for initializing the UDC) makes sense.

Regards,

Eric