Dear Wolfgang Wegner,

In message <20100122100332.gk23...@leila.ping.de> you wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 05:00:11PM +0100, Wolfgang Wegner wrote:
> > More tightly integrated non-blocking variants of some CFI flash access
> > functions. Enable with CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_CFI_NONBLOCK
> > These can be useful to erase flash or write complete sectors of flash
> > during a serial data transfer for software updates.
>
> The first version had a strong NACK by Wolfgang Denk because of
> code duplication. Does this version have a chance for inclusion,
> or are there other things I have to fix/change to get it to this
> stage?

The patch is still pretty intrusive - the resulting code is much
harder to read, to understand and to debug (in both configurations).

>From my point of view the disadvantages compared to the advantages
(and the potential number of users of this new feature) don't justify
to apply this patch.

Stefan, what do you think?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything  to  add,
but when there is no longer anything to take away.
                                           - Antoine de Saint-Exupery