Hi Simon,

On 01.05.2018 12:54, Simon Guinot wrote:
On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:28:28AM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 2:21 PM, Simon Guinot <simon.gui...@sequanux.org> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:30:00AM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 5:03 PM, Jagan Teki <ja...@amarulasolutions.com> wrote:
kirkwood now support dt along with platform data,
respective boards need to switch into dm for the same.

Added all board mainatiner, using this driver on their relevant
boards. So try to switch to DM_SPI(SPI_FLASH) before migration
deadline expires.

Hi Jagan,

And what is the deadline exactly ?

See DM_SPI/SPI_FLASH migration details from, doc/driver-model/MIGRATION.txt

Thanks for letting me know Jagan...

Just to be clear here. The older Marvell platforms Orion and Kirkwood
completely lack DM (Driver-Model) and DT (Device-Tree) support in
U-Boot. This needs to be added (similar to what I've done to the
newer parts beginning with Armada XP / 38x) so that the SPI driver
(and others) can be used as DM-enabled driver.

Please see arch/arm/mach-mvebu/ for more details here.

Any work on this is greatly appreciated as I fear that the support
for these older SoC's might get dropped completely otherwise soon.

Thanks,
Stefan