On 18.10.2018 23:04, Marek Vasut wrote:
On 10/18/2018 10:20 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

Marek Vasut <marek.va...@gmail.com <mailto:marek.va...@gmail.com>>
schrieb am Do., 18. Okt. 2018, 22:15:

     On 10/18/2018 09:28 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
     > Hi Marek,

     Hi,

     > I was playing with updating the dts files for cyclone5 (and
     arria5) from
     > current kernel sources, but I found that the kernel as 4 boards that
     > U-Boot doesn't have and U-Boot has 6 boards that the kernel
     doesn't have.

     Thanks for doing this, really appreciated (even though it probably
     doesn't look that way most of the time).

     And yikes, which boards are where , can you list the problematic ones?

     > How should I proceed here? Should I copy new boards from the kernel?
     > Should I keep U-Boot-only boards and try to adjust them to changes (if
     > any)?

     I'd say sync as much as possible with kernel and the rest, update. I
     don't think there are any real board specific things which would prevent
     the update in those DTs missing in the kernel.

Ok, I'll just try and prepare a patch that ports the existing boards and
mentions the boards not ported from current kernel sources. I don't want
to remove boards from U-Boot, so we'll just have to test those not in Linux.
Sounds good!

What about the license header? Should we keep the original header for sync'ed device trees or change it to SPDX?

Simon