22.04.2010 23:43, Mike Frysinger wrote:

i would send the patch again with this info in the changelog.  however, at
least on my board, i see no speed difference with this patch.  i get about
2.8MiB/s on my bf548-ezkit with and without your change.  so, it doesnt break
anything that i can see, nor have i been experiencing any problems before, so
i dont have a problem with the patch being merged (once a better changelog is
added).

I think it's because of we're using Byte Packing enabled and 32-bit reads, but smsc9221 bus is 16-bit wide.

bf548-ezkit config defines CONFIG_SMC911X_16_BIT, but ours - CONFIG_SMC911X_32_BIT.

This is the only difference i've found.

--
  WBR, Valentin
  CJSC "NII STT", Russia, Smolensk