Hi Eugen,

On 03.04.19 13:05, eugen.hris...@microchip.com wrote:

<snip>

Looking again over this, the Kconfig you added is useless and has no
effect unless ATMEL_USART driver...
Can you make it to depend on atmel usart or be named
ATMEL_SPL_UART_CLOCK if this is not needed for anything else whatsoever
(no other platforms/drivers)
This way nobody gets confused that by enabling this Kconfig on their
platform, something changes (like a fixed clock for their serial in SPL,
which will not happen).

My first intention was to add this Kconfig option as a generic one,
which can be used by other (non-AT91) platforms as well. This is
the reasoning for its name and the non-exclusive availability.

But I have no hard feelings here. If nobody sees any use of this
Kconfig option on other platforms (hard for us to guess), then I can
definitely make your suggested changes from above.

Makes sense, but as it is now, it has no effect on other platforms. So I
think it's best to make it a generic name indeed, but dependent on
ATMEL_USART then... and other platforms can add their dependency once
and if they implement it.

Sounds good to you ?

Yes, I'm perfectly fine with this approach. I'll send v5 of this patch
soon.

Thanks,
Stefan