Hi Andrzej,

Please could you avoid top posting?

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 06:07, Witkowski, Andrzej
<andrzej.witkow...@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for your response and fix for the issue.
>
> Do you know when your patches will be pushed to an official u-boot repository?

Perhaps a few weeks.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/user/todo/uboot/?series=101566

> My next step is to investigate how to enable traces for arm u-boot on qemu
> (qemu_arm_defconfig and qemu_arm64_defconfig), but I'm not sure if the path
> was tested by anyone at all.
> Currently, I am able to compile arm u-boot for qemu, but observe qemu hang
> when it tries to run arm u-boot with traces ON.
> This is what I do to compile and run arm u-boot on qemu:
> - I put the definitions below to "include/configs/qemu-arm.h" file
> #ifdef FTRACE
> #define CONFIG_TRACE
> #define CONFIG_CMD_TRACE
> #define CONFIG_TRACE_BUFFER_SIZE        (16 << 20)
> #define CONFIG_TRACE_EARLY_SIZE         (8 << 20)
> #define CONFIG_TRACE_EARLY
> #define CONFIG_TRACE_EARLY_ADDR         0x00100000
> #endif
> - I comment out the lines below in "examples/Makefile" file
> #subdir-y += standalone
> #subdir-$(CONFIG_API) += api
> - I perform the commands below:
> make distclean
> make qemu_arm64_defconfig
> CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/toolchain/gcc-linaro-7.4.1-2019.02-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-
> make
> CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/toolchain/gcc-linaro-7.4.1-2019.02-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-
> qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt -cpu cortex-a53 -nographic -no-reboot -bios
> u-boot.bin
>
> After running qemu it hangs.
> I perform all my activities on Fedora 28, gcc (GCC) 8.3.1 20190223 (Red Hat
> 8.3.1-2), QEMU emulator version 2.11.2(qemu-2.11.2-4.fc28), u-boot latest
> source code.
>
> Could you give me your opinion on my steps above, please?
> Do you know if, currently, is it possible at all to run arm u-boot with
> traces ON on qemu?
> If so, could you give me a contact point to help me enable the path, please?

Well it was tested on snow (ARM Chromebook), but I haven't tried it
recently. I suggest running with gdb to see the hang, but my guess is
that there is a timer function being called which needs a 'notrace'
modifier on it.

Regards,
Simon