Am 01.08.2019 um 21:01 schrieb Julius Werner:
Well, I'm sure you'd find enough FIT images where the uncompression
might succeed but the target space for decompression is not big enough
(see bootm_size), would such an error be fixed as well?

I think so? Assuming all the compression algorithms check for an
output buffer overrun (looks like they do), that should also just lead
to a compression error and go into the fallback path.

Then I think that would be the best way to start and see if it's good enough for backwards compatibility.

Regards,
Simon