On 06/10/2019 19:12, Tom Rini wrote:
On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 04:57:29PM +0000, Auer, Lukas wrote:
Hi Jean-Jacques,

On Fri, 2019-09-20 at 17:28 +0200, Jean-Jacques Hiblot wrote:
To reduce the complexity of the Makefile, let the generator tell what its
dependencies are. For this purpose use the "--deps" option.

We recently added a generic FIT generator script for RISC-V, located at
arch/riscv/lib/mkimage_fit_opensbi.sh . Can you add the --deps option
to that script as well? It does not have any dependencies, so it can be
handled the same way as in the i.MX and sunxi FIT generator scripts.
Can we please work on generalizing these scripts and either using
binman, updating binman as needed or coming up with a POSIX SH tool that
can do what needs doing?  Thanks!

Maybe it can be done. But we would need to know first what the needs are.

In may case, all I need is to bundle at build time a set of DTB overlays with u-boot.bin and some DTBs.

For this binman is overkill, using dtc is enough, though I guess binman can be used instead.

JJ