Hi Andre,

Am 19.12.19 um 12:42 schrieb Andre Przywara:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 12:32:06 +0100
> Daniel Schwierzeck <daniel.schwierz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> many thanks for your valuable comments! Do you have access to a MIPS board
> using a GENETv5 MAC? I would be very curious to see if the driver works
> there, and am happy to make adjustments.

No, I have not. I was only triggered by your commit message that this
MAC is also used on some MIPS based Broadcom SoC's ;)

> Does your board use a PHY connected via RGMII? Because this is something we
> are relying on at the moment. But without any ways of testing this I'd rather
> not support other transports at this time.
>
> I think your points below are all valid, so thanks for bringing this up. Will
> test this later on and post a v2 in due time then.

We had a similar scenario a few months ago, where a newly supported ARM
based Broadcom SoC could simply reuse various drivers initially added
for MIPS based Broadcom SoC's. So if someone wants to use your driver
with a MIPS based Broadcom SoC in the future, likely some tweaking of
the driver is required. But at least the basic cross-arch compatibility
should be given.

--
- Daniel