Hello Michal,

Am 09.04.2020 um 16:03 schrieb Michal Simek:
Hi Heiko and Simon,

I have find out one bug in i2c class. I am using zcu104 revC board which
has dts in mainline where i2c1 has i2c mux with some channels.
In DT clock-frequency = <400000>; is specified and it is read in
i2c_post_probe(). But i2c_mux_bus_drv is also UCLASS_I2C which means
that post probe is called for it too. And because clock-frequency
property is not there default 100k is used.

I think that is bug and should be fixed.
Heiko: Are you aware about this issue?

No :-(

The question is, is this a bug?

Should a i2c bus behind a mux not be able to set his own speed?

But may as a feature (or bugfix?) if "clock-frequency" is not there,
use the speed of the parent bus...?

Simon: I think that make sense to use some flags to skip calling
post_probe in this case. Or any suggestion how to fix it would be great.

Thanks,
Michal

bye,
Heiko