Hi Andre,

> Which particular SoC or board is this triggered by?

I'm currently using a board with a Sochip S3 SoC, where the boot console is on uart1.

>  From the SoCs listed as belonging to the MACH_SUN8I "family", I don't
> see the R40 and V3s having UART1 muxed on PortG, only A23, A33, H3, H5,
> and A83T have.
> So can you restrict the conditions?

I can - at least in the commit description. Unfortunately there is no real distinction between V3s and S3 in u-boot. I could of course define a new "S3" SoC variant and add it to the ifdef for the uart iomux. Would you prefer me to do that?

[...]

> So I'd recommend to leave this out, I will probably send a patch to
> remove this altogether.
Ok. I'll leave that out in v2 then.

Thanks,

Tobias