On 5/14/21 11:51 AM, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
Heinrich,

Can you please reply to each of my replies?
Otherwise, I don't know which one of my comments/opinions you agree to
and which one not.

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 10:45:48AM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
On 5/14/21 9:13 AM, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
E.g for IMAGE_ATTRIBUTE_IN_USE

AttributesSupported | AttributesSetting | Meaning
--------------------+-------------------+--------------------
0                   | 0                 | state is unknown
0                   | 1                 | state is unknown
1                   | 0                 | image is not in use
1                   | 1                 | image is in use
We are discussing *_REQUIRED.
Can you give me the same table for *_REQUIRED?

-Takahiro Akashi

IMAGE_ATTRIBUTE_RESET_REQUIRED

AttributesSupported | AttributesSetting | Meaning
--------------------+-------------------+--------------------
0                   | 0                 | state is unknown
0                   | 1                 | state is unknown
1                   | 0                 | reset is not needed
                     |                   | to complete upgrade
1                   | 1                 | reset is needed
                     |                   | to complete upgrade

IMAGE_ATTRIBUTE_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED

AttributesSupported | AttributesSetting | Meaning
--------------------+-------------------+--------------------
0                   | 0                 | state is unknown
0                   | 1                 | state is unknown
1                   | 0                 | signed and unsigned
                    |                   | capsules are accepted
1                   | 1                 | capsules are only
                    |                   | accepted after
                    |                   | checking the signature

So what?
This table shows there is a case where the authentication will be
skipped even if CONFIG_EFI_CAPSULE_AUTHETICATE is on and
it is completely compliant with UEFI specification.

No. You have to set IMAGE_ATTRIBUTE_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED=1 if
CONFIG_EFI_CAPSULE_AUTHENTICATE=y.

Best regards

Heinrich