Hi Marek,

On 09.07.21 13:22, Marek Behún wrote:
Hi Stefan

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 08:05:40 +0200
Stefan Roese <s...@denx.de> wrote:

The main goal of this series is to correctly use BootROM's code
for loading U-Boot from NOR / NAND: currently only SPL is read by
BootROM and the main U-Boot is read by SPL. By using BootROM to also
load main U-Boot we can reduce the size of SPL image, since it does
not need to contain code for reading NOR / NAND.

Before going into a review of the patches, let me ask about the
motivation of this patchset. Is the reduction of the SPL image size
the main motivation for this series? Or did you experiece some
problems with the SPL code for U-Boot proper loading?

The motivation is reduction of SPL code size.
Pali started working on something different (adding support for higher
baudrates to kwboot, so that a bricked board can be booted over UART
faster), and he is still working on it, but when he started studying the
kwbimage/kwboot code and A38x documentation, he noticed that these
things could be improved, so first he did this series.

BTW: This patch / mail subject "kwboot / kwbimage improvements" does
not really match its content AFAIU. Here, the SPL returns always back
to the BootROM for U-Boot proper loading part is missing. Or do I
misunderstand something?

You are right, the subject of the series could have been better. I
shall change it in v2.

BTW2: Could you please list the affected MVEBU SoC's that are affected
by this series so that this is clear?

OK.

Thanks. And could you please also do one (or more) boot-time
comparisons, old vs. new version? This way we can see, if and how the
boot-time is affected (perhaps improved, which would be great) by this
patch series.

Thanks,
Stefan

Marek