On 25/04/2022 10:05, Tom Rini wrote:

DM is mandatory in SPL too ? I doubt it.

It is strongly encouraged, but not mandatory. It is not used on I guess
imx27/31/5, but is for all of the imx8 families.  So
CONFIG_MXC_UART_BASE still needs to be moved out of board.h files (and
perhaps out of CONFIG namespace since it's not configurable, it's part
of the SoC) and perhaps the path for imx8* is to drop the references
since it's all DM?

Correct. In the defconfigs where CONFIG_DM_SERIAL=y and CONFIG_SPL_DM=y
are selected the CONFIG_MXC_UART_BASE can be safely dropped.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam