Am 14. Juni 2022 00:48:01 MESZ schrieb Fabio Estevam <feste...@gmail.com>:
>Hi Mark,
>
>On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 7:21 PM Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> This looks like the reply the terminal sends in response to the "Query
>> cursor position" command that is sent in
>> lib/efi_loader/efi_console.c:query_console_serial().
>>
>> It might be worth trying to increase the timeout in term_get_char().
>
>I did as you suggested and increased the timeout from 100ms to 1000ms.
>
>After that, I no longer see the problem, thanks!
>
>Would this be an acceptable fix?

Slowing down every boot without connected serial by 1000ms seems to be a bad
idea.

What baud rate are you using?

What terminal software are you using giving the late response?

Does printf() return before the last byte is sent by the serial IO transfer
buffer? What size has that buffer?

I suggest that the EFI console should not query the screen size before starting
the first EFI binary.

Best regards

Heinrich