Hi Simon,

On 14.09.22 19:09, Simon Glass wrote:
Hi Stefan,

On Wed, 14 Sept 2022 at 09:19, Stefan Roese <s...@denx.de> wrote:

On 14.09.22 16:47, Tom Rini wrote:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 04:29:36PM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
On 14.09.22 14:58, Tom Rini wrote:
On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 13:57:46 +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:

This patchset adds the basic infrastructure to periodically execute
code, e.g. all 100ms. Examples for such functions might be LED blinking
etc. The functions that are hooked into this cyclic list should be
small timewise as otherwise the execution of the other code that relies
on a high frequent polling (e.g. UART rx char ready check) might be
delayed too much. This patch also adds the Kconfig option
CONFIG_CYCLIC_MAX_CPU_TIME_US, which configures the max allowed time
for such a cyclic function. If it's execution time exceeds this time,
this cyclic function will get removed from the cyclic list.

[...]

For the series, applied to u-boot/next, thanks!

Thanks Tom.

This patch series should not introduce any functional changes. The
next one though, which migrates the WATCHDOG_RESET into the cyclic
function execution IF needs a quite some testing. Perhaps it makes
sense to pull this other series as well quite early in the release
cycle, so that it receives a lot of "attention"? So that we have
time to fix potential problems here.

What do you think?

Yes, the watchdog series should come to next, for v2023.01 as well. Are
you comfortable with it now, or are you planning to v2 it?

I've only tested it on an MIPS Octeon platform so far. Where I am a bit
hesitant is, the very early watchdog integration and SPL. This
definitely needs some extensive testing. I don't have any platform
for this here ready right now.

Once it is in -next, people will test it and we'll flush out any problems.

Yes, agreed. This is the way. ;)

Thanks,
Stefan