On 10/22/22 18:00, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

Am 22. Oktober 2022 20:44:27 MESZ schrieb Sean Anderson <sean...@gmail.com>:
On 10/22/22 08:04, Tom Rini wrote:
On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 10:24:33AM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
Hello Simon,

As described in doc/develop/py_testing.doc using sudo in python tests
should be avoided.

* users building U-Boot may not be sudoers
* running code as sudo comes with a risk

You added sudo in test/py/tests/test_ut.py

Can we use virt-make-fs here?

Note that virt-make-fs is only suitable for trivial cases as it's
otherwise too slow. This is possibly one of the cases where it's too
slow.

An easy way to do this is to use fuse2fs/fusefat.

My experience with fusefat is that it was terribly buggy 2-3 years ago.

Last upstream source is from 2018.

Yeah, I had not used it before. fuse2fs is nice. It doesn't support replaying
the journal, but this doesn't matter when creating a filesystem.

mtools seems incredibly clunky, but it appears to work, and has reasonable
performance.

LKL [1] seemed like it might have been the most robust solution (with lklfuse),
but it hasn't made it upstream yet (and the primary author seems to have stopped
trying).

--Sean

[1] https://github.com/lkl/linux