On 11/3/22 22:31, Janne Grunau wrote:

Hi,

[...]

In any case we need a way to enable/disable this as it will slow down
unaffected platforms.

This makes little difference, since anyone can plug such device into a port
and suddenly the platform is affected. We cannot really predict what users
have on their desks.

Would it make sense to limit it to dwc3 host controllers or do you fear
the same problem could happen with other controllers on fast boards?

I believe the DWC3 triggers it on "fast" devices now, but this is a generic issue. The U-Boot USB stack is just way too efficient (well, more efficient than any OS anyway, because it is basically just a tight loop), no OS triggers this because the OSes take their time.

In any case patch fixes the problem here as well.

Tested-by: Janne Grunau <j...@jannau.net>

Thanks!

(and sorry for the delay)