On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 10:19:53AM -0500, Ralph Siemsen wrote:
Hi Bryan,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 2:54 PM Bryan Brattlof <b...@ti.com> wrote:

Hi Ralph!
Love seeing more boards here, though I know of a few chips that use some
type of cadence controller. I'm just curious if it would it make sense
to name this with some type of Renesas specific branding?

Indeed the this IP from Cadence likely is used in quite a few places.
However it is usually quite difficult to figure out exactly which
version of the IP is present, what bugs/workarounds are needed, etc.

I am fine with renaming this in a more renesas-specific manner
(suggestions welcomed!). On the other hand, it would good to try and
encourage having one driver for this, rather than a bunch of
similar-but-not-quite-equivalent ones scattered about. Perhaps a
non-specific name might help?

Can anyone offer guidance on the naming of the DDR controller? Other than this issue, I have v4 of this patch series ready to post.

Thanks!
Ralph