On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 11:42:07 +0800
Yanhong Wang <yanhong.w...@starfivetech.com> wrote:

> v5:
[...]
> - Splitted starfive_visionfive2_defconfig into
> starfive_visionfive2_12a_defconfig
>   and starfive_visionfive2_13b_defconfig.

Is this really necessary? It puts another burden on people building U-Boot,
distribution networks, and last but not least users, who will need to pick the
correct binary blob, after trying to find out which board they actually have.

Even past versions can detect the installed RAM correctly and will modify
the DT accordingly, I assume? Why not make an inquiry on GMAC1_MDIO to tell
whether it's a YT8512C (->v1.2A) or another YT8531C (->v1.3B), in the ethernet
patch set, and likewise update the device tree dynamically then?

        Torsten