Hi Jagan,

On 2023-06-01 06:10, Jagan Teki wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 3:56 PM Jonas Karlman <jo...@kwiboo.se> wrote:
>>
>> The call to device_find_first_child always return 0, change to return
>> early when there is no child node.
>
> Can you explain a little more about this? Maybe adding device-tree
> pipeline will give a better understanding of the issue.

The docs for device_find_first_child mention:

  @devp: Returns first child device, or NULL if none
  Return: 0

And the function does exactly this, always return 0.
So, the current check for return value of this call is unnecessary.

The following possible call to dwc3_glue_clk_init or dwc3_glue_reset_init
may trigger a null pointer dereference further down the call chain.

Looking closer this patch may have been more related to my rk3328
testing, where usb@ff600000 in rk3328.dtsi is missing child nodes and
resets prop.

For RK3568 this patch should not be needed, however it still fixes a
possible null pointer dereference issue.

Regards,
Jonas