On 2023-12-03 22:49, Shantur Rathore wrote:
On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 5:44 PM Simon Glass <s...@chromium.org> wrote:
In fact, I wonder if we should add something like:

u-boot-env {
   offset = <CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET>;
};

so the environment gets filled into the SPI flash when we write the image?

Do we want to reset the environment to default on every u-boot update?
I believe this would overwrite the environment space isn't it.

Obviously, resetting the U-Boot environment on updates would be a really bad idea, which may even render some boards unbootable.

I suppose we could also add the EFI variable store, although that
would require adding a new entry type to binman.

I am not sure about this but surely EFI vars can be moved to a location
just after the u-boot environment and increase the u-boot image size.

Would you still need an entry in dts?