Dear u-boot people,

I encountered some problems trying to fetch the Linux kernel via nfs (v3).
One problem was that the nfs file lookup always returned NFS3ERR_BADHANDLE.
This is due to the following line in nfs_lookup_req() function (net/nfs.c):

                len = (uint32_t *)p - (uint32_t *)&(data[0]);
                rpc_req(PROG_NFS, NFS_LOOKUP, data, len);
        } else {  /* NFS_V3 */
                *p++ = htonl(NFS_FHSIZE);       /* Dir handle length */
<=====  this line
                memcpy(p, dirfh, NFS_FHSIZE);
                p += (NFS_FHSIZE / 4);
                *p++ = htonl(fnamelen);

In the NFS_V3 case we add the dir file handle  size to data and then the dir
file handle.
IUC, this is not correct here because dirfh includes already the size of the
handle in the first 4 bytes.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

As a result, if I remove the line "*p++ = htonl(NFS_FHSIZE);", it works fine.

Don't have an in deps understanding of nfs, so I am not sure if this is the
root problem here.

Best regards Johannes