On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 11:39:08AM +0200, Jonas Karlman wrote:

[snip]
> My main concern is how to best handle new boards and features/drivers.
> E.g. for Rockchip the RK3588 SoC is under active development, new boards
> and features/drivers are actively added/fixed in upstream Linux.

To this question specifically, dts/update-dts-subtree.sh has a "pick"
option and in some previous quick testing, it does what one would hope.
So for this case you could pick the N commits that need to be brought
it, the resulting patch would be small enough to send to the list
normally (the resync patch for v6.9 is 2.7MB) and then when I do the
next full resync it goes cleanly still.

--
Tom