Hi Quentin,

On 2024-05-21 11:53, Quentin Schulz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 5/20/24 6:06 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> It's release day and here is -rc3. At this point, I think we're firmly
>> on "bug fix and documentation" ground moving forward for changes to
>> v2024.07 and the next branch is open and ready for use and pull
>> requests.
>>
>> In terms of a changelog,
>> git log --merges v2024.07-rc2..v2024.07-rc3
>> contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
>> will provide better results here.
>>
>> I hope to remain on schedule and that means the rest of the rcs every
>> other Monday, and with final release on Monday, July 1st, 2024. Thanks
>> all!
>>

> Just to let you know that Rockchip PX30 support is broken since
> https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/commit/1d01440b3f14f6648cd672da619489f635cb209c
>
> (at the very least on Ringneck, haven't tested on PX30 Mini-EVB yet).
>
> U-Boot proper pre-reloc seems to be running out of memory and we cannot
> reach U-Boot CLI anymore.
>
> I hope I'll have time to look into this before v2024.07 is released but
> cannot promise anything.

On Rockchip platform all DRAM is available at U-Boot proper pre-reloc,
so there is no need to limit SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN to a small amount.

Ringneck seem to use 8 KiB for pre-reloc malloc() pool, please try with
a 64 KiB pool, same as rk3308/rk3328/rk3399/rk356x/rk3588 all now use.

  CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN=0x10000

malloc() pool size used by TPL/SPL should still work:

  CONFIG_TPL_SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN=0x600
  CONFIG_SPL_SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN=0x2000

Also check the "Early malloc usage" from bdinfo cmd, should show how
much memory was actually allocated at pre-reloc, from a rk3308 board:

  Early malloc usage: 2060 / 10000

Regards,
Jonas