On 6/6/24 18:56, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2024 at 03:35:55PM +0200, Jerome Forissier wrote:
>
>> This is a rework of a patch series by Maxim Uvarov: "net/lwip: add lwip
>> library for the network stack" [1]. The goal is to introduce the lwIP TCP/IP
>> stack [2] [3] as an alternative to the current implementation in net/,
>> selectable with Kconfig, and ultimately keep only lwIP if possible. Some
>> reasons for doing so are:
>> - Make the support of HTTPS in the wget command easier. Javier T. (CC'd)
>> has some additional lwIP and Mbed TLS patches to do so. With that it
>> becomes possible to fetch and launch a distro installer such as Debian
>> etc. using a secure, authenticated connection directly from the U-Boot
>> shell. Several use cases:
>>   * Authentication: prevent MITM attack (third party replacing the
>> binary with a different one)
>>   * Confidentiality: prevent third parties from grabbing a copy of the
>> image as it is being downloaded
>>   * Allow connection to servers that do not support plain HTTP anymore
>> (this is becoming more and more common on the Internet these days)
>> - Possibly benefit from additional features implemented in lwIP
>> - Less code to maintain in U-Boot
>
> Alright, on Pi 3, I think we have more "output changed, test fails"
> problems:
> ========================================== FAILURES
> _____________________________________ test_efi_fit_launch
> _____________________________________
> test/py/tests/test_efi_fit.py:452: in test_efi_fit_launch
>     launch_efi(False, False)
> test/py/tests/test_efi_fit.py:394: in launch_efi
>     net_set_up = net_dhcp()
> test/py/tests/test_efi_fit.py:178: in net_dhcp
>     assert 'DHCP client bound to address ' in output
> E   AssertionError: assert 'DHCP client bound to address ' in 'Waiting for
> Ethernet connection... done.\r\neth0: smsc95xx_eth b8:27:eb:fc:64:a6 active'
> ------------------------------------ Captured stdout call
> -------------------------------------
> U-Boot> usb start
> U-Boot> U-Boot> setenv autoload no
> U-Boot> U-Boot> dhcp
> Waiting for Ethernet connection... done.
> eth0: smsc95xx_eth b8:27:eb:fc:64:a6 active
> U-Boot>
> =================================== short test summary info
>
> I'm going to skip that set of tests and see how far we get but I suspect
> it'll keep failing on DHCP output being different.

As discussed offline with Ilias it might be a timeout issue, although 2000 ms
for DHCP_TIMEOUT_MS seems a large value to me, it might not be enough in your
environment. Can you please try to increase it? NET effectively has a timeout
of 28 seconds if we take the retries into account.

Thanks,
--
Jerome