Tom Rini <tr...@konsulko.com> wrote:

Adding Marek, as the author of commit 48b3ecbedf82 ("gpio: Get rid of
gpio_hog_probe_all()").

Thanks! I don't claim this is the correct way to fix this, just that it works.

Specifically, the two things I found that got gpio-hog working were

  (a) adding an explicit probe instead of DM_FLAG_PROBE_AFTER_BIND in
gpio_post_bind(), or

  (b) adding a .bind function in U_BOOT_DRIVER(mt7981_pinctrl) like

    static int mtk_pinctrl_mt7981_bind(struct udevice *dev)
    {
        dev_or_flags(dev, DM_FLAG_PROBE_AFTER_BIND);
        return 0;
    }

However, presumably (b) isn't right as it would (presumably) need repeating in lots of other pinctrl drivers?

Best wishes,

Chris.