On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 08:53:11AM +0300, Ilias Apalodimas wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 at 23:27, Conor Dooley <co...@kernel.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 11:50:33AM +0100, Simon Glass wrote:

> > > There is not such a tool, but it would be easy enough to write. If you
> > > think that would help, I could give it a try.
> >
> > I mean I could also just do it myself, I just wanted to know if it
> > existed, since that'd make investigating this pretty straightforward to
> > do.
>
> Someone is already working on it.
> https://review.trustedfirmware.org/c/TF-A/trusted-firmware-a/+/29253
> this will help!

Eww, gerrit. Thanks for the link.

> > Either way, the firmware already is capable of doing this with a
> > devicetree blob, so I figure even if we manage to get bloblist stuff
> > going, there's little harm in supporting what's already there?
>
> There isn't, but OTOH the bloblist support is already in u-boot.

Devicetree in a1 support is already in U-Boot too, it's already been
nicely placed in gd->arch.firmware_fdt_addr by the arch code :)

> I would prefer to try that out first. Up to you

If it is up to me, I am going to say go with what I have already done,
as it's much easier to update U-Boot on a disk that you can write to
from Linux than it is to change the firmware in envm and something
functional already exists.