On 7/20/24 1:21 PM, Zixun Li wrote:
Hi,

In udc_bind_to_driver(), USB device controller is initialized by
usb_gadget_udc_start() and entered connected state by usb_gadget_connect().

 From the host's point of view, a device is ready to be enumerated.
However, since dm_usb_gadget_handle_interrupts() is only called inside
function driver, at this stage USB events are not managed, host's
enumeration attempts will fail and resulting error like:
     usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 50 using xhci_hcd
     usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
     usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
     usb usb1-port1: attempt power cycle

I think it's better to leave the device in disconnected state while
probing and connect it once a gadget function is invoked.

Can you please send an RFC patch ?

I see recently there are many DM related reworking, please forgive me
if it's already on the Todo list.

It is not on the ToDo list, no.

+CC Mattijs