>> To compile it I also had to add 3 macros to the configuration file:
>> CONFIG_SYS_INIT_RAM_ADDR,
>
> Why this? I guess you mean CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_BASE here.

Yes, my mistake.

>> CONFIG_SYS_INIT_RAM_SIZE and
>> CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR.  Can this cause this problem?
>
> SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR is required, if you see 'DRAM: ...' output it is likely
> to be a correct value for you. I guess your gd_t parameters for SDRAM
> size are not correct which leads to a wrong relocation address and
> therefore relocate_code() fails.

Yes, I've fixed gd_t parameter but the result hasn't changed.

All behaviour described so far relates to at91rm9200dk board. You mentioned
trying at91rm9200ek board, so I switched to it, but I have problems with with
compilation when data flash memory is used (I need it to store environment
settings). So I tried not to store environment settings by defining
CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_NOWHERE and comment out all data flash configs, but I end up
with multiple undefined references (to flash, spi and dataflash). How did you
make your board to run only in RAM omitting flash configuration?

regards,
Marcin