Dear Albert Aribaud,

Am 01.07.2011 13:09, schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:
> Le 01/07/2011 10:03, Andreas Bießmann a écrit :

<snip patch>

> Andreas,
>
> Please do not issue a single file encoding conversion, and do not submit
> a conversion patch to UTF before agreement is reached on which encoding
> to use.

I have no problem with that. I just remembered this morning that I
missed an entry in MAINTAINERS file. But when I change the MAINTAINERS
file in current encoding the whole patch gets another encoding. My SoB
show's immediately the wrong encoding.
Therefore I thought it would be good point to show on that problem with
that patch.
Will send v4 with UTF-8 conversion removed.

> As for the full change, if you really insist on doing it, then you're
> welcome, but as I am the one who raised the subject, I feel it is only
> normal that I prepare and submit the overall change patch.

I do not insist on doing the conversion. There are some places where
errors may occur, therefore it would be best someone with upstream
repository does the job.

regards

Andreas Bießmann