Hi,

I am trying to squeeze new features onto a uboot based system where we have run
out of flash.
In tandum with general optimisation of apps, removal of redundant code etc I
wanted to rework our boot schema to reclaim some free space in other partitions.

Kernel currently boots from its own partition before mounting JFFS2 root
partition; this seems to be the standard uboot approach.
JFFS2 is nearly full; Kernel partition has free space.

I see two options -

1) Reduce size of kernel partition and increase that of root partition.
2) modify boot to boot kernel from jffs2 root partition.

I favour option 2 as this means we maximise flash utilisation; all free space
lands in root partition.

But can uboot boot a kernel from a JFFS2 partition?
Such a boot schema does not seem to be documented anywhere?

Is this possible?
Does anyone boot like this?

Regards,
Owain