Hi Stephan,

Stephan Linz wrote:
As a result of the commit 6833260 the uart16550 driver
is broken for Microblaze big endian systems, because of
the missing 3 byte offset. Other than as described, the
U-Boot BSP does not treat properly the 3 byte offset.

However, with the new 32 bit access to ns16550 registers
we can enable correct register access for Microblaze big
and little endian systems in the same manner.

The reason why I have applied that patch is that baseaddress generation
was moved to u-boot BSP out of u-boot configs.

Here is example how addresses are generated.
BE system:
#define XILINX_UART16550
#define XILINX_UART16550_BASEADDR       0x83e00003

LE system:
#define XILINX_UART16550
#define XILINX_UART16550_BASEADDR       0x83e00000

Then you can use origin config file and change is only in xparameters.h in
board folder.

Anyway you solution looks interesting and I will test it.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)