Le 09/12/2011 18:37, Stephen Warren a écrit :

Er... Rebase *does* 3-way merges when necessary and possible. I just saw
it done while pulling tegra, samsung and imx requests.

I don't think that's possible; with rebase, there is no common ancestor,
so you can't do a 3-way merge. The rebase conflicts end up being marked
up in the conflicting files in a similar fashion to a 3-way merge
though, but I think it's somewhat fake and just showing the differences
between the base that was in the patch being applied and current code,
which isn't quite the same thing.

Actually there is a common ancestor in a rebase just as in a merge -- the common ancestor is an attribute of (or more exactly a computation based on) a set of commits, not of an operation. You'll find common ancestors in a rebase operation mentioned in <http://learn.github.com/p/rebasing.html>, for instance.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.