On Wednesday 25 January 2012 22:55:25 Marek Vasut wrote:

> > > U-Boot CAN GENERATE THEM
> >
> > Yes, you can parse atags from NOLO and then generate new from existing...
> > But why? Better and easier is copy exising and use it.
>
> Because eventually, someone will replace nolo with u-boot and what then?

Then we will know what is NOLO doing and how NOLO generating atags...

Temporary solution will be to dump atags for specified N900 HW revision and
hard-code it into u-boot... But in one atag is stored boot reason (power key,
watchdog reset, normal reset, alarm clock, charger connected, ...) - so we
will do not have feature to know why was Maemo started.

Or if someone replace NOLO, he will use other system/kernel which do not
depend on non standard atags... (Debian, Kubuntu, Mer or Android working
without NOLO atags on N900).

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com