Dear Marek,

On 3/7/2012 5:08 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
Dear Amit Virdi,

Dear Marek,

I did the changes suggested by you and tested the build. The issue
didn't come up. Then I reverted the code to the original (attributes
retained and ehci directly de-referencing the pointers. The issue didn't
come here too.

Today, I used armv7-linux-gcc (GCC) v4.6.2
So I suspect there has been some fix done in the GCC.

Now, even with the packed attributes, the word fields are accessed
word-by-word in contrast to the earlier observed behavior
(byte-by-byte). I could see ldr and str in the disassembly.

May be, we can discard this patch and keep drivers/usb/host/ehci.h
intact.

Can you check with different toolchain please?

Do you mean different toolchains for ARM? I can surely check if you can
help me. I have used ST's internal distribution till date and I guess I
need to download and install other ARM toolchains in order to verify
this issue.

Sure, you can download the ELDK installer for ELDK 5.1 :-)

Ok. I keep this in my "To do" list. As soon as I get some spare time, I'll install the toolchain and test the build on my SPEAr320 eval board.

Or, we can work this way that my source code is compiled by someone
already installed/using other tool chains. I can test it on my board and
report the results?

Yes please. I'll most likely apply your other patchset, but let's keep an eye on
this patch, it might come handy later if the issue reappears.

Ok, thanks.

Regards
Amit Virdi