Dear David Aldrich,

In message <41302a7145ac054fa7a96cfd03835a0a10d...@ex10mbx02.eu.nec.com> you
wrote:

> I am a newbie to u-boot and embedded linux.  I am trying to build a
> development environment around a Freescale P4080DS board.  Presently, I want
> the target to boot from a kernel image in flash and to mount an NFS root
> filesystem.  This is not working.

Please restrict your line length to some 70 charatcers or so.

Also carefully check where you are posting to.

This is the U-Boot mailing list, and your problems appears not to be
related to U-Boot.  You should post Linux related issues on a Linux
mailing list.

> bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/nfs rw ip=172.29.68.13
> nfsroot=172.29.68.252:<my file system path>

Please read the Linux kernel documentation for correct setup of boot
arguments for Linux.

> Firstly, I have not installed an NFS server on the host. Well, I should be
> able to do that.

Off topic here.

> Secondly, after boot, the host cannot ping the target, and vice versa.  On
> the target I see:

Off topic here.

> Why is the ip address shown as 192.168.1.100 but I set it as 172.29.68.13 in
> bootargs?

I guess your kernel determined the IP address using DHCP.  You did not
tell him not to do - for that, the "ip=" parameter needs more
components, especially a trailing ":off" part.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
Perl already has an IDE.  It's called Unix.
                      -- Tom Christiansen in 375bd...@cs.colorado.edu