Scott Wood wrote:
>> > That patch itself is OK. But the comment is incorrect. We keep adding more
>> > mac addresses to this data structure. The CRC was at the end. The offset
>> > 0xCC was correct.

> Is there anything in the data structure to indicate that this growth has
> happened?

The version number indicates whether it's 8 addresses (v0) or more than 8
(v1).

The problem is that I think I just made a math error when I calculated the
number of MAC addresses that would fit in the EEPROM.  I was supposed to
do (0xFC - 0x72) / 6 == 31, but instead I ended up with 23, and never
validated it.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale