Dear Dimax,

you did it right ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting#Top-posting

>     On 29.10.2012 09:50, Dimax wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     > What if I compile a new u-boot but to try it I will load and flash new
>     > created image after original u-boot and will run it from withing
>     > original reboot manually just pointing a new image address? Can it
>     work?
>

> I'm not going to run new-u-boot from RAM. I will flash it. Can I ask
> original u-boot to JMP to a flash address and run a new-u-boot from where?

well, NAND is no XIP media, you need to move the stuff _always_ from
NAND to RAM to use it.

> I once debricked SheevaPlug with USB stick. Have to recall how it was
> done. But as far as I remember I've found it in the internet so it
> should be still where. I understand that I first have to make sure I can
> debrick my board before I start playing with u-boot.

Ok.

> I also want to look back at my original problem of non-recovered UBIFS.
> Want to make sure my effort will not be useless.
> Let's say I've increased the memory allocation size. But are you sure
> u-boot implementation of ubifs really can recover partitions just like
> original Linux driver does? Is it implemented at all?
> If yes I have another doubt. In one forum I've read that u-boot treats
> UBIFS partition as read only (while it actually is rw for Linux). And
> thus u-boot does not even try to take any action that required writes.
> What you think?

In fact the u-boot port is copied from linux kernel. It may lack some
newest fixes but in general it has the same features as the linux kernel
has.
The link I posted in my first mail did mention that the error message
for ubifs_get_sb() in ubifs_mount() is useless cause we may have
different root causes here. If your error message had displayed ENOMEM
(or -12) you may have got the root cause by yourself.
However, it may be another reason on your side, looking forward to see
your solution.

Best regards

Andreas Bießmann