-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sara Burns
Sent: Wednesday, 12 May 2004 11:02
To: 'U2 List'
Subject: [U2] Unidata on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition question

During our recent experiments with Universe 10.1 on Windows 2003, with a
single processor we did a test with a phantom in a reasonably tight loop.
Not too tight as it was reading and writing to different files.  We expected
this to allow other telnet sessions to be responsive.

Our results showed that it was virtually impossible for a new user to login
and the response for existing telnet sessions was very poor.

We obtained the Windows System Resource Manager (WSRM) and adjusted the
priority of uvsh.exe which was running the phantom processes.  This then
made the system usable by all.  This link may provide the information you
seek http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/wsrm.mspx
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/wsrm.mspx>

Sara Burns

Sara Burns (SEB)
Development Team Leader

Public Trust
Phone: +64 (04) 474-3841 (DDI)

Mobile: 027 457 5974
< <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users