So it is consistent with my own theory (as an outside observer) about
the fundamental philosophy behind UniVerse: namely, that UV tries very
hard to be forgiving and generally tries to resolve ambiguities and
proceed with what it thinks the programmer meant, rather than being
hard-nosed and either doing exactly what was said, or erroring out.  It
was consistent with UV's desire to grab market share from the other MVs
as well as just Prime.  Be all things to all men.

UD took a more traditional approach of insisting programmers conformed
to their way.  Probably makes for tighter code, but more difficult
conversions from other products.

Whether one considers that philosophy good or bad, depends on whether
one's own philosophy and one's own circumstances.

for what it's worth,
Chuck Stevenson

http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users